1. I would make a terrible shut-in. Seriously. Living every day in your house, in your mind...you start creating problems that aren't there. You start imagining everyone else out there, having a good time, without you. You lose track of everything and everyone. Your head is a horrible thing to get lost in, sometimes. If it was by choice? Totally awesome. Not by choice? I fear of hearing voices. I miss my mid week "therapy" sessions desperately. My friends are my salvation and I hate that I haven't been able to see them lately. Not only am I a baby when I'm sick, I pout pretty darn well when Sammy's sick, too...
2. I haven't left my house (minus tylenol runs) since last Friday. When flesh was ripped from my chest. I've drowned my sorrows in immense amounts of British chick lit. I'm sure there are NO side effects from that, certainly.
3. My hair is now well past my shoulders. Not that anyone knows that because I can't remember the last time I wore it down. Not owning a blow dryer when it's negative degrees a million is probably not the wisest of moves.
4. There is a Jane Austen symposium the beginning of March. I kinda want to go, but then think I should just shove my copy of Pride and Prejudice in and save the gas.
5. I'm feeling deep shifting in my life and I'm trying to find the words for it all. It's funny when you look back and see the change and still can't articulate.
6. We had tickets to see Before Midnight at Sundance yesterday. Due to Sammy and his illness and the air quality and no sleep and us feeling terribly, we chose not to go. It was the right decision, even though I know things would have been fine either way, but I was still sad. I understand the release date will be sometime in September and waiting is going to kill me, given the reviews I've read. And, well, I was reminded the last time we had tickets to something in Park City in winter, Sammy was also feverish. I'm starting to take a hint.
7. Sammy has drowned his illness in the British show Top Gear while he's been sick. I oddly find it really funny. Richard Hammond is my favorite. He's hilarious - unintentionally? I'm not sure. But he's funny. And while British irreverent sometime, Sammy loves to see the different ways they destroy the cars.
8. I got my first two seed catalogs of the season, this week. I want to plant an entire section of dry beans. Beans are such a focus in our house right now and I can't wait to try those we plant ourselves.
9. Do people REALLY care and does it REALLY matter that Beyonce lip synched at the inauguration? I'm baffled at the headlines when there are things out there that are TRULY important.
10. I feel I should end this with a random tidbit about Bones. But I don't have a lot to say. Other than that last episode? GAVE ME NIGHTMARES. Seriously. Creepy crawly nightmares. Which I think is a pretty impressive feat, for Bones...
*Tminus 7 days until I turn 39. But who's counting?
(the frames, finally)