1. It is COLD here today. It was around 15* this morning when Isaac went out to switch monitors with me. Cold. Cold. Cold. Which made Diane's lovely offer of a San Diego get away in January mighty tempting!
2. We don't have our tree up yet and, quite frankly, I'm stumped where to put it. I should really put some effort into coming up with something, but I'm not feeling the Christmas yet.
3. My sister and I were talking this morning about how we wish jean skirts could be abolished from the land. I wonder if you can run for office on some sort of platform to accomplish this?
4. For the first time in years, I believe I need a wallet. I have a difficult time finding wallets I like. I want leather, funky, goes with black or brown and almost as big as a small clutch. All the ones I find are usually...a little frumpy looking. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.
5. I think he may be the most perfect man (well, for me...if you needed a clear definition of "my type", this would be it. Tall, dark and nerdy). Is it too late to change Sammy's name to Chuck?:
6. Nathan Fillion is coming back to tv next spring. This may be the actual reason in my mood turn around today. I'm easy like that.
7. Sammy will now repeat ANYTHING you say. And I mean that very literally. He's such a little mimic. My favorite thing he says right now is, "Are you kidding me?". I guess we know what I say to him most often...
8. I'm mulling the idea of hosting a 1st annual Christmas party this year. I'm stumped on any details after that, though.
9. I found out that some casual friends from Portland moved to town a couple of months ago. I'm hoping with the crazy around the holidays, I can find some time to reconnect.
10. I got the new Malcolm Gladwell book this week. I really need to carve out some time to read it. You know, between putting up the tree, finding a wallet that doesn't repulse me and planning a party. Hmmm. Maybe I'll host a reading party. Kidding...